During the first week in December our local Lions clubs celebrate “Lions Eye Bank Week.” This provides Lions with the opportunity to promote the services provided by the Lions Eye Bank for Long Island.
Eye banks retrieve and provide eye tissue for sight saving surgeries, such as corneal transplants, research and education. During this week, clubs are encouraged to:
- Tour the eye bank
- Invite a speaker from the eye bank to a club or district event
- Host or assist with an open house at the eye bank
- Organize a donor awareness event
- Inform the public of the service provided by the Lions eye bank
- Organize a fundraiser for your local eye bank
We here at the Lions Eye Bank for Long Island are grateful for all the continued support from our local Lions clubs and are proud to be a Lions Eye Bank.